No blast but dam

I was perhaps being ambitious, certainly hopeful, to have been updating you'll on a little race I planned to dash to this evening. Eccles Pike fell race. I found it this morning and convinced myself it would be a great training session to leg it up and back down the 3.4 mile route.... hahahahah, 3.4 mile, you know what that means! Yeah, it's fast, oh, and tough oh, and demanding, according to the Goyt Valley website.

So I've been excited about it all day, in spite of the horrific down pours that we've been having. They stopped late afternoon and it was looking great for a short race of hell fire. Dashed home from work, gobbled omlette and salad to give my fairy wings a flutter and printed directions etc. I was cutting it fine, it's an hours drive and starts 7.30, it was 6.20 ish. packed bag, changed, so all I had to do was drive, park, pin, race, pick self up of the floor after collapsing and wallow in the enjoyment of my training session. In theory any how, in reality, by the time I was on my way it was just going to be too late. So I made the difficult decision to turn the car around and go home... run less and not smiling. So a session on the turbo and some other stuff will see me through this evening, however now, I really want a blast on a short fast race. Keep watching :)


Comments