It's not what you know...

It's who you know but mostly it's a bit of both!

I've been having a fun packed weekend in the Lakes with my buddy Gaynor Prior. She's recently moved, temporarily, to a lil place called Keld, near Shap. Saturday was spent mostly moving and shifting from Grimston to Keld, however we managed a little run in Gaynor s new back garden Saturday evening. I'm soooo jealous, she falls out of the back door onto trail, fell and just a little further,  in the mountains. The evening was beautiful, the fell was soft and inviting and the company was grand and the weather was warm. We skipped over little rivers, panted up inclines and flew down the other side, tsk, such fun should not be allowed, it dangerously makes you smile. 

Gaynor managed to talk me into Marshaling at one of Epic Events pool Triathlons on Sunday, so it was going to be an early start Sunday morning to drive to Ulverston which was about about an hour away. Here is a link to the race details (results) for those who are interested in how the other half live (Ulverston Pool Triathlon). So Saturday evening was spent with nice food, Gaynor cooked the most amazing Chicken in lemon and white wine sauce with gorgeous broccoli and sugar snap peas, we drank a cheeky wine and I spent the rest of the evening learning how to tie figure of eights and 'stoppers' in very big ropes! Gulp!

An early start and the the boss drove us to the leisure center, after saying hi to a few familiar faces from the Lakeland 100/50 race, I was ushered into my marshal position and the race started. I became, traffic warden, marshal, general supporter and Tourist Information center, come spokes woman. My brain hurt. It was good fun to watch the guys (and girls) do their thing, particularly interesting was some of the 'attire' the fast chaps don, my gawping caused a few traffic near misses and pointing in the wrong direction... I was just stunned ok! 

So, we returnd to Keld, (after a little stop in the New Balance outlet) a quick salad and threw on the running kit. We had an amazing couple of hours discovering what will be Gaynor's training ground over the winter (most likely). She is about six miles from Mardale Head. So a nice warm up on the open fell to Mardale and then hill reps up Gatesgarth Pass on my next visit. I have my own bedroom and a key.... I'm so so lucky. Of course it's an open house to all who know her, she's that kind of girl. haha. 

Some pics included.

From G's house

Albert helped with some unpacking 

Figure of 8's and Stoppers and wine

A road bit

Trail

Bionic woman.... or Gaynor

Yummy

Gorgeous







Playing on a summit
Trees and some green


The gate to wonderland


Stumble out of the door


Kid in a candy shop sees the treats (sheep)


Comments