What's occuring

Folks... it's been a while and so much has been occurring it's difficult to know where to start. I guess the obvious place is Annecy and the World Trail Running Championships. At the eleventh hour I was called from reserve (after proving fitness) as there had been a withdrawal from the women's GB team. I had initially been disappointed to have only been selected as reserve, however gave myself a big pinch as, well, all things considered this is a pretty remarkable achievement. That said, I've been injured, in fact injured seriously with a stress fracture that had put me out of running for six weeks. So whilst I'd been actively cross training like a demon, it is not running!

So, I ran the Keilder Ultra race in Scotland and was happy to have a great run and demonstrate that I was good to run. The foot gave me no problems and in spite of running for a mile in the wrong direction at one point, I managed to claw it back with a great result. There was always this little niggle however that I had not trained as hard as I'd expect for the Worlds. Maybe a combination of injury recovery as well as the psychological effect of being reserve in the first instance, just more of a negative frame of mind as I always felt, the under study, a difficult mind set to rise above i guess. Nonetheless, there have been lots of positives occurring recently too. I adore being an INOV8 ambassador, as I believe in and get on well with the foot wear. I have been experimenting with Superfeet products recently, and must admit, I'm excited as I'm already noticing a positive different in terms of taking care of my battered feet, toes, arches and heels during runs and the in between everyday times too.

Additionally, I'd been approached by Raidlight (UK) as an ambassador and member of their ultra trail running team. Wow, what an honor. Raidlight was the first backpack product that I ever used. I still don that sac occasionally now. Again another product that I hold close and therefore was excited to accept and become an ambassador for them. Not only this, but also a promise of helping me to compete in more of the international races, something that I desperately need more experience and well, not being anywhere near a full time athlete, (apart from in my dreams) every little helps.

There's been plenty of adventures, hanging out with great runners, including the remarkable Jo Zakrzewski, fellow Raidlight team mate in order that I get myself up to speed for the Worlds. I'll post separately about my race at the IAU world champs in Annecy however safe to say, it's all a great learning experience. And what better way to get to know yourself even better.


Summit of Semnoz

ymmm, Raclette

Madam, looking at pictures

Maxi Race



Maxi race concept car

Comments