Post K42 Mallorca

It's over as quick as it starts in the running world, and having returned home I've had time to reflect on my K42 Mallorca adventure in the mountains of the Sierra de Tramuntana on the Island of Mallorca. Not least that there are huge thanks due to so many great people, including, Mountain Fuel, who started the ball rolling and keep me well fueled with a system that works well for me. In addition, The race organisers who had a very well oiled machine looking after a party of seven of us. The Agency for Tourism of the Balearic Islands (ATB) who are working hard to provide cultural and quality tourism experiences in the area and without their support to the race we would not have the opportunity to experience Mallorca in it's natural beauty, opening my eyes to aspects of the Island that I had not previously considered, I have not been disappointed. Huge thanks to Mayayo Oxigeno who knows, understands and is a remarkable figure in the Spanish Trail running world.  My kit sponsors Raidlight who continue with their support and encourage me to in what ever my next adventure would be. Finally, Vo2Max coaching's Martin Cox, who's remarkable style gets the best out of me.

When considering my experience in Mallorca, I've put a report together that can be read HERE. It is a challenging race, with terrain that is not for the faint hearted and it's probably best to not make this the first trail/mountain race that you embark upon. However, it was well suited to Brits and those who are familiar with the rugged English, Welsh or Scottish mountains. The national parc is in a beautiful part of the Island and the race comes at the right time of the year for those who want a sunny day, without too much heat that it impacts significantly on your capacity to run well. It's a great starter for the year, and is on our doorstep.

Anyone who is interested in the race I have  GPS for your perusal so get in touch. Happy reading.



Comments